Hinsdale Humane Society - Animal Shelter Caretaker
Reports To: Shelter & Community Programs Director
Hourly, part-time position 25 hrs per week
Must demonstrate compassion for the animal-human bond. Follow established cleaning procedures to ensure health and sanitation, and follow procedures to prevent spread of disease. Individual must work well with minimal supervision, possess good verbal communication and time-management skills. Will work with HHS staff members, contractors, volunteers, and the general public on other projects related to the shelter.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods.
- Ability to lift and move over 50 pounds.
- Knowledge of different cleaning products and tools.
- Clean the interior of buildings including bathrooms, floors, furniture, windows, and walls
- Disinfect commonly used items like desks, door handles, office tools, and phones.
- Maintain cleaning products inventory, and update staff when items need replacing.
- Daily maintenance of cleaning equipment
- Monthly maintenance of appliances.
- Maintain outdoor grounds, and cut grass.
- Remove debris from sidewalks and patios.
- Empty trash and recycling bins.
- Other duties as assigned by the Shelter Director
- Participates in staff meetings and training sessions as requested.