Contract Trainer - Group Classes
Reports to: Shelter and Community Programs Director
Part Time: 10 hours/wk
Hinsdale Humane Society’s Training Program serves as an external resource for training classes for HHS adopters, other rescue organizations, and the general public.
Looking for at least 10 hours per week, Sunday, Monday any time and Tuesday through Saturday late afternoon/evening classes only
- Work with the Director to determine the correct mix of classes to offer, including, but not limited to, puppy play groups, basic obedience, Pet Therapy training, advanced obedience, tricks, etc.
- Schedule weekly group canine training classes to be held at the shelter
- Manage all communications with those who have signed up for training classes to ensure best in class customer service
- Respond to public inquiries via email, social media, telephone, etc about behavior and training questions within 24 hours
- At least one year of dog training experience or certification from accredited training program
Resumes, cover letters, and any questions can be directed to Jessica Hiltner, Shelter Director