Marketing / Special Events Intern
Summer. Approximately 3 months, 20 hours per week. Some evenings and weekends required. For students who have completed sophomore or junior year of college.
The Internship will offer experience in marketing, social media, communications, special events planning, media relations, and graphic design. The Intern will work with staff and volunteers through exciting, high profile events and projects, and will learn about the inner workings of a successful non-profit animal welfare organization.
- Marketing Aspects:
- Assist with social media content, including TikTok
- Create various marketing materials when needed, examples include flyers, social media posts, videos, press releases, etc.
- Assist with our printed newsletter and all electronic communications
- Other general clerical duties required as they apply
- Special Events Aspects:
- Support various summer events, including our annual Pet Walk
- Help plan our fall fundraiser
If applicable, credit hours will be allocated according to your University standards. Upon completion of the internship, a $1,000 scholarship is awarded.
- Demonstrated proven leadership skills
- Professional demeanor
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent follow through skills
- Experience using social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
- Proficiency in Google Docs, Slides, and Sheets are mandatory. InDesign or other Adobe Suite program experience is helpful.
To apply, please submit resume and letter of introduction to Kelsey Weivoda firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is May 1, 2022.