Volunteers at Hinsdale Humane Society are vital to our organization. With their help, we are able to provide continued care, love and attention to our four legged friends until they find their forever homes.
We welcome fellow animal lovers and friends to join our special group of compassionate volunteers.
Volunteer Dog Walker
Requirements to Volunteer
- 18 years of age to participate in any of our volunteer opportunities
- 16 years of age with written permission of parent or guardian to participate in Cat Socialization or Dog Walking (Easy Temperament Dogs Only)
- 12 years of age accompanied by parent or guardian to participate in Cat Socialization
Benefits of Volunteering
- Spend time with animals
- Spend time with other animal lovers
- Contribute to your community
- Career experience
- Seasonal parties and gatherings
Steps to Become a Volunteer
- Check our availability page for volunteer openings and contact our Volunteer Coordinator by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by calling 630-323-5630, ext. 24.
- The Volunteer Coordinator will contact you about the application process and to identify your availability. If we have an appropriate available opening, you will be sent our orientation information for you to complete, along with a link to a questionnaire to help find a suitable volunteer option.
- Upon completion of the Orientation and submission of the Questionnaire, you will then complete and submit the Volunteer Application, including a $25 application fee. The fee helps to cover the cost of training and your volunteer T-shirt.
- Our Volunteer Coordinator will then set up a time for additional training, depending on the volunteer opportunity in which you are interested.
Have more questions? Check out the Volunteer FAQ's or contact our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or 630-323-5630, ext 24.