Marketing/Advertising/Communications and Special Events Intern
Summer. Approximately 3 months, 20 hours per week. Some evenings and weekends required. For students who have completed sophomore or junior year of college.
The Internship will offer experience in special events planning, media relations, graphic design, donor solicitation, and fundraising. The Intern will work with staff and volunteers through exciting, high profile events and will learn about the inner workings of a successful non-profit animal welfare organization.
- Support various events, including our annual Pet Walk
- Help plan our fall fundraiser
- Create marketing materials as needed
- Assist with our printed newsletter and electronic communications
- Assist in special mailings
- Learn about fundraising
- Other general clerical duties required as they apply.
If applicable, credit hours will be allocated according to your University standards. Upon completion of the internship, a $1,000 scholarship is awarded.
- Demonstrated proven leadership skills
- Professional demeanor
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent follow through skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel are mandatory. InDesign and Google Drive experience are helpful.
To apply, please submit resume and letter of introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is April 1, 2017.