Volunteers at Hinsdale Humane Society are vital to our organization. With their help, we are able to provide continued care, love and attention to our four legged friends until they find their forever homes.
We welcome fellow animal lovers and friends to join our special group of compassionate volunteers.
Volunteer Dog Walker
Requirements to Volunteer
- 18 years of age to participate in any of our volunteer opportunities
- 16 years of age with written permission of parent or guardian to participate in Cat Socialization or Dog Walking (Easy Temperament Dogs Only)
- 12 years of age accompanied by parent or guardian to participate in Cat Socialization
Benefits of Volunteering
- Spend time with animals
- Spend time with other animal lovers
- Contribute to your community
- Career experience
- Seasonal parties and gatherings
Steps to Become a Volunteer
- Attend the Volunteer Orientation Program to learn about opportunities and answer any questions. Volunteer orientations are held on an as-needed basis throughout the year. As volunteer needs arise, orientations will be scheduled. Our Upcoming Events page is updated regularly and orientation dates will be posted.
- After you attend the Volunteer Orientation you will then complete and submit the Volunteer Application, including a $25 application fee. The fee helps to cover the cost of training and your volunteer T-shirt.
You will not be contacted unless you've filled out an application, attended the volunteer orientation and submitted your fee.
- Attend additional training depending on the volunteer opportunity in which you are interested.
Have more questions? Check out the Volunteer FAQ's or contact our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or 630-323-5630, ext 24.